2016 Dad’s Day 3K and 5K Team Scoring Rules
1. Scoring by Team Size
- Open to teams in the 3K and 5K, with no limit to the number of participants.
- Ties will be broken by the highest number of 5K participants, then 3K participants, then 1K participants on a team.
- Awards will be given to the top three teams with the greatest number of participants.
- Awards will be mailed to the Team Captain.
- Individual categories and team categories are scored and awarded separately
2. Scoring by Runner’s Time
Unlimited number of co-ed runners, each running 5K, with the summed score of
the five best finishers in any combination of age groups/gender determining place. For example, the five best individual finish times would be used to calculate the team score as follows:
Ties will be broken in the following manner:
Lowest cumulative team time, or
If a tie still exists, the best individual time in the race among the scoring team members
Teams with less than five runners will have 1,000 points added for each vacant spot
Awards will be given to the top three finishing teams
Awards will be mailed to the Team Captain.
Individual categories and team categories are scored and awarded separately
©2015 Dads Day 5K
Website produced by Evisions